Find more images in Sapphinyan ‘s gallery.
Yo-kai Listing No.
219 330 284
161 289 4011
Sapphinyan ( japanese : サファイニャン, Safainyan ) is a Rank A Water-attribute Rare Yo-kai of the Charming tribe. According to his Yo-kai Keystone, he is classified as the Tsukumono tribe .
Sapphinyan is a pure azure Jibanyan -looking Yo-kai with boastfully black eyes. It ‘s gag and hand tips are solid white, while it ‘s inner-ear and nose are gold. Around it ‘s belly is a pure gold haramaki to match it ‘s collar, which has a lavender sphere hanging from it. The flames of it ‘s tails are bright jaundiced .
scan Sapphinyan ‘s Yo-kai Medal QR code at Piggleston Bank to obtain a Sapphire Coin. Using it in the Crank-a-kai will give out the Sapphire Bell, which makes Sapphinyan appear. After having acquired the item, Sapphinyan will appear inside the dolphin tank at Rolling Waves Park in Downtown Springdale, where he can be battled once a day until he ‘s befriended through the regular method acting. In Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch and Yo-kai Watch 1 Smartphone, a Bandai Sapphinyan Yo-kai Keystone is required alternatively .
In the 2.0 update, Sapphinyan can be freed from the Crank-a-kai with a Mystery Coin, which is dropped by Glitzy Bones on Mystery Way .
The player can obtain an Invite for Ambrosia in the Yo-kai World, by going through the Yo-kai Elevator in the Sacred Tree on Mt. Wildwood. They can get in a struggle where Sapphinyan may randomly appear .
|A||Attack (Hits a nearby enemy)|
|X||Rapids (Hits a faraway enemy. If charged, does more damage)|
Sapphinyan ‘s soul-Spirit up to the adjacent yo-kai
- Befriended: “… Fine, I’ll be your friend.”
- Loafing: “*purr…*”
- Being traded: “Nyaow this looks like a good place to be. Happy to join you!”
- Receiving food (favourite): “Nyumm…”
- Receiving food (normal): “Nyot bad…”
- Receiving food (disliked): “Nyo way!”
- Freed from the Crank-a-kai: “Nyaa, it’s good to be out and about! We are so gonna shine together!”
- Recruited (Wibble Wobble):” Thanks for saving me! You’re a real gem!”
Before battle :
- “Do you see me nyaow? It’s perfect timing! I’m ready to fight you nyaow.”
- “You wanna piece of me?!”
- “Come at me!”/”Boo! …Coward.”
Post battle (was not befriended) :
- “You’re still weak. Come back when you get stronger.”
Post battle (was befriended) :
- “I like you nyaow. I’ll help you nyaow.”
- Yo-kai Watch: PuniPuni (S version): “This is the outside world, nyan… Fu, good wind, nya.” (ここが外の世界かニャン…フッ いい風だニャ)
In the anime
Sapphinyan, along with the other Jewelnyans including Rubinyan, Emenyan, Topanyan, and Dianyan inaugural appear in EP161, where Nate has trouble trying to summon Jibanyan after Yo-kai Misterr Typoo erases the name on the Yo-kai Medals shortened to “ Nyan ”. He finally summons all of the cat Yo-kai that Nate had befriended, but they all turn their backs onto Nate .
- His name is a portmanteau of “Sapphire” and “nyan”, the onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes.
In early languages