Why Washer Coin Slides Get Stuck
More than 30,000 coin-operated laundries dot the landscape of the USA. They generate upwards of $ 5 billion in megascopic annual gross. That design doesn ’ t include communal laundry facilities in apartment complexes and other multi-unit residential buildings .
coin-operated washers and dryers are boastful business. Considering the absolute count of coins dropping into all those machines, is it any curiosity that a mint swoop gets stuck now and then ? And a washer with a obstruct mint skid is an inoperable car, a fiscal liability and not an asset .
New machines rarely fix. But coin slides develop wear just like early moving parts of a washer, and not every mint inserted will be in batch condition or even genuine .
Slugs or alien currency sometimes appear in mint slides, wreaking havoc.
In a perfect worldly concern, you could force that trouble disc out of the chute just by pressing the mint return button. But since you ’ ra interpretation this web log post on the Chief Appliance Repair web site, let ’ s assume you already tried that, and it didn ’ thyroxine sour .
4 Ways to Clear Blockage from a Coin Slide
- Using tweezers, reach into the coin slide. Grasp the offending coin and pull it out of the slot.
- Chances are, frustrated customers have already slapped the coin slide in an attempt to free the jam. Now that you’re on the job, it’s time for a more aggressive approach. Place a block of wood against the washer close to the slide. Tap the block sharply with a hammer. With luck, the vibration you create will loosen the stuck coin. The wooden block will protect the washer’s paint. Tap, but don’t pound!
- Insert another coin into the slot and push in the chute. This action may dislodge the stuck coin.
- A coin tilted to the side may be obstructing the slot. Use a flat screwdriver or utility knife to set it upright.
Now What? Checking the Entire Coin Mechanism
If you ’ ve scrolled this far, steps 1-4 got you nowhere. The mint is bend and real property, or the cardinal problem lies with something other than a lodge coin .
You might want to call West Coast Chief Repair at this target.
But if you ’ re determined to soldier on, you might have to open the coin box or extract the stallion coin assembly. A idle prison guard or defective separate could be causing the obstruct .
If you don ’ thyroxine own the machine, there ’ mho nothing you can do other than report the malfunction to the owner or build coach.
But if you have the cardinal to the access empanel, opening the mint box can frequently dislodge a stuck coin. Yippee !
Removing the entire coin forum can be slippery, depending on the mint acceptor your washer uses .
The most common mint time slot mechanisms for washers are upright and sliding. dial slots are typical for dryers .
Repairing a Coin Slot Mechanism
meticulously commemorate anything you might be removing : screws, nuts, connections, etc. You ’ ll have to reassemble the mint time slot mechanism after completing your DIY repair .
- Remove the coin tray. Empty it and check it for anything obvious stuck in the coin chute.
- Remove the maintenance panel, usually located on the top face of the coin slot housing at the back of the washer and locked with a key.
- Remove the long bolt. It usually has a hexagonal cross-section and runs from the front of the housing to the maintenance panel.
- If the slot mechanism has wiring, disconnect it.
- Carefully pull the slot mechanism free.
- You should now be able to see the problem coin or obstruction. Continue to take notes and draw diagrams if you need to dismantle the unit further.
- Once you’ve removed the coin, insert a new coin and test the mechanism. Now comes the real fun. You get to put everything back together!
If the jam persists, you may have to replace the coin slot mechanism. Since you now know how to remove the mechanism, you should besides know how to replace it. Call your local parts distributor and order a new separate.
Read more: Pachinko Tokens FOR SALE!
If All Else Fails, Call the Pros
Or, you can save yourself a lot of time and fuss if you give us a call. We repair appliances for a live and have dealt with hundreds of mint jams. We won ’ t even need a diagram to fix the problem in less time than it takes you to follow the steps in this DIY rectify guide.