The toothbrush method for hickies
Using the bristles of a soup-strainer is another method acting to help break up the blood clots and spread the accumulate blood around in ordering to make it easier for your body to clear the hickey. The toothbrush method acting is conducted as follows :
- Taking your toothbrush, brush the bristles over the area of your hickey, gently applying pressure and working the toothbrush in a different direction so as to move the clotted blood around, spreading it to adjacent areas of tissue.
- Repeat this process for roughly five to ten minutes.
- This method works best when combined with the cold compress technique, therefore, once you have ‘brushed’ the area, apply a cold compress for ten minutes and repeat a few times throughout the day.
**My Med Memo – The results of this proficiency tend to vary based on the saturation and color of the pimple, however, you should be able to notice a dispute in discolor after a few hours .
The cylindrical object method
This method is alike to the toothbrush proficiency in applying coerce to the bruise area to spread out the collection of lineage in an attempt quicken the healing action as lineage can be easily reabsorbed by the body. This technique uses cylindrical objects to disperse the roll up blood and increase the sphere ’ s blood circulation. Use this method acting a few times a day starting 24 hours after receiving your hickey. The below describes how to use a cylindrical object for hickey :
- Find a pen cap, lipstick cap or any small cylindrical object
- Place this round object directly onto your hickey, pressing down onto the skin, making sure you are applying just the right amount of pressure so as to not aggravate the area but to press it down enough to disperse the blood
- When pressing down, twist the object so that your skin twists around it, getting at least half a twist out of the object
- Hold this position for about ten to twenty seconds and release
- Repeat this process for ten to fifteen minutes several times daily
The coin method for hickies
This method may cause rebuff pain, and it is vital that you ensure that this proficiency is conducted correctly so that it does not make your hickey bad. The coin method acting is as follows :
- Find any coin (it is advised that you disinfect this as it will be touching your skin)
- Using two fingers, pull the skin on either side of your hickey to stretch it out
- Now, making use of the edge of the coin, you will need to scrape the surface of the hickey, moving from the centre of the hickey outwards. This movement attempts to break up and move the blood around the hickey so as to allow for your body to easily absorb the blood clot back into the bloodstream (scrape the skin with just enough pressure that it doesn’t hurt you or aggravate the hickey and cause further bruising)
- Your skin is likely to be red from this scraping, this redness will subside in a few minutes
The toothpaste method to treat a hickey
Mint toothpaste or peppermint anoint aid in increasing blood circulation. Peppermint oil is would be the best option as it has a higher peppermint concentration, but if you do not have access to this, batch toothpaste may work. The toothpaste method acting works as follows :
- Apply a layer of toothpaste or peppermint oil directly to your hickey, the area will start to tingle
- When the tingling stops, remove the excess oil or toothpaste with a clean wet cloth
**My Med Memo – Try not to repeat this process excessively much as the changeless tingle can cause irritation to the site of the pimple. This method works well for increasing rake circulation and dispersing the blood clot .
When nothing else works – how to hide a hickey
Some hickeys are extremely stubborn and persistent and adhere around for much longer than you may have anticipated. If you are running deep for a meet, have a class to get to or merely want to cover up your hickey from the risk of embarrassment, there are a couple of ways that you can hide your love bite. You may have already tried some of these classic hickey hiding techniques such as wearing a scarf, turtleneck, band-aid, collared shirt or even using your long hair ( this is more for the ladies ) to hide it, however, if you want to know how to properly conceal a hickey with makeup, then read on…
- Apply a green concealer to the hickey. The reason for using a green concealer here is because your hickey is red, green is the opposite colour to this (remember your colour wheels from art class?), therefore, using green will make the hickey less visible as it neutralises the prominence of the red.
- Now you will need to mix a yellow tinted concealer and your correct skin tone concealer until you get a colour that is closely matched to your own skin. Apply this mix to the outline of your hickey with a makeup brush.
- Finally, dab the area with a sponge or makeup brush to spread your concealer mix until you reach a naturally blended look, you can also add some foundation at this point for a little more cover-up. Be careful not to use too much makeup in an attempt to hide your hickey as this can rub off on your shirt and make it look more obvious that you are trying to cover something up.