While we ’ re all conversant with Facebook and its advertising office, there are therefore many holocene developments that marketers need to keep an center on .
If you ’ rhenium asking yourself these questions :
- “Is running ads still worth it?”
- “What’s up with reach?”
- “Should I change course?”
then our list of Facebook stats will give you some clarity and help iron out your Facebook market strategy for 2022 .
Facebook demographic statistics
Facebook ’ randomness audience is diverse and anything but one-size-fits-all. To kick things off, let ’ s zero in on the most important social media demographics of Facebook users :
1. Users ages 25-34 years represent Facebook’s largest audience
Despite the platform ’ s repute as a apparently “ older ” network, 26.4 % of the platform ’ s exploiter free-base is made up of millennials. That said, over one-third ( 36 % ) of Facebook ’ randomness consultation are 45 or older .
2. 73% of college-educated Internet users are on Facebook, as are 70% of people earning more than $75k a year
Facebook ’ s highly educated and big-spending audience is luminary for advertisers. This signals opportunities for brands looking to earn sales on big-ticket products .
Facebook usage statistics
Given the buzz around competing networks, it might not seem like Facebook is booming right now .
But the latest Facebook stats bespeak that the platform is about a active as ever. That said, raw competition and surprise growth from other social media platforms could ultimately halt its growth long-run .
3. Facebook currently boasts over 2.89 billion monthly active users
Although adoption has surely slowed down, there ’ s no denying the platform ’ mho status as the commercialize leader in social media. Facebook is on chase to pass the 3 billion monthly user brink, representing the inaugural social network to do so .
4. 70% of Facebook users claim that they visit the site daily, with 49% checking the platform “several times per day”
This datum highlights how the platform earns repeat attention from users, beating out the likes of Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. possibly a daze to critics, the concept of madly checking Facebook throughout the day is alive and well .
You can analyze customers and their behavior on the chopine by conducting a deep Facebook analysis and finding out where you stand with your hearing based on the data you get .
5. The average Facebook user spends 33 minutes per day on the platform
Facebook usage has held firm since about 2019, although it has seen a 6-minute capitulation over the past five years full .
Keep in mind that social usage per platform is pretty much bland. More network think of more crusade for audience attention. As a resultant role, the average social consumer spreads their usage time around more evenly .
6. Facebook’s widespread mobile usage is staggering, with 98.5% of users accessing via mobile (and 81.8% doing so exclusively)
No surprises here : Social media and smartphones go pass in hired hand. That said, this data is noteworthy for crafting both Facebook posts and ads .
7. Two-thirds of adult users consume news through Facebook (and nearly one-third do so regularly)
chirrup might have the repute of being the “ breaking news ” chopine but Facebook remains a go-to source for news future to YouTube, according to the report below. This speaks to the importance of timely capacity that informs users, builds community and creates meaningful discussion .
Make sure to align with Facebook best practices to prioritize positive proactive contentedness over clickbait .
8. Facebook’s new user growth rate is the second-lowest of all social platforms (only 0.8% in 2021)
This is decidedly the most concern of all our Facebook statistics for advertisers and marketers. rapid emergence on TikTok and slowdowns on Instagram show that younger audiences are moving the needle for social networks .
9. Facebook is still the most-used network among marketers (93%)
food for intend : marketers have to remind themselves that Facebook is hush a precedence network for social-savvy brands looking to sell. According to this review, marketers spend most of their efforts on Facebook compared to Instagram .
Facebook ad stats
fact : Facebook ads remain a staple of marketing careless of drug user growth .
Heck, Facebook ’ s ad gross saw a 56 % addition during 2021 alone ( reaching a entire of $ 28.6 billion ) .
As social ads grow, organic reach gets harder to come by, meaning optimization and scheme are key to seeing meaningful returns .
10. Facebook accounts for over a quarter of all digital ad spending, right behind Google (28.9%) and surpassing Amazon (10.3%)
sociable media is poised to surpass paid search if this confirms that Facebook is at the forefront of making it happen .
11. The Philippines (109.6%), Vietnam (94.6%) and Mexico (94.1%) are among the countries with the largest Facebook ad audience reach
This Facebook stat speaks to Facebook ’ s wide audience achieve, including its international ad-buying world power for consumers outside of the US .
12. There are over 10 million active advertisers on Facebook as of 2020
Don ’ t let anyone tell you Facebook ads are dead. Between the gross noted earlier and the fact that this count has been rising fairly systematically YoY, ads aren ’ thymine going anywhere so far .
13. The average CTR for FB retail ads increased by 6% YoY (up to 1.32%) in 2020
interest factoid from this report : while Instagram presently has a higher CPC than Facebook ( $ 0.86 vs. $ 0.57 ), Instagram is besides seeing better conversion rates than their rear party ( 8.07 % vs. 6.57 % ) .
14. Marketplace (2.7%) and in-stream video (1%) are among the most popular non-feed ad placements on Facebook.
Given how folks on Marketplace are tidal bore to buy, ads fit right into their travel as customers. still, this review is disappointing for the future of Stories-based ads ( 0.4 % ) .
Facebook engagement statistics
The Facebook algorithm has been a beginning of excitation for many marketers. thankfully, the platform itself has actually shed some light on what people are seeing and what helps increase range .
15. The majority of content seen by Facebook users comes from friends and people followed (54.4%)
From recommended content to ads and beyond, this data highlights precisely how much the average consumer ’ second attention straddle is being pulled .
16. 86.5% of content viewed on Facebook contains no links
Posts that take people off Facebook hurt their exposure. That ’ south why it ’ s authoritative to use images, videos and anything else that keeps people on the platform .
17. Compared to Instagram organic brand engagement on Facebook is down (0.27%), but ahead of Twitter (0.07%)
Brands looking to grow on Facebook have an uphill struggle if they ’ rhenium relying on organic content alone, however, data shows that battle is eminent on Facebook compared to Twitter. Making use of engagement-worthy posts like employee advocacy content, polls or contests will make certain you reel in the benefit of this stat .
Facebook feature stats (video, Stories, Messenger)
so, what classify of contentedness should you post ? What features are growing and what ’ sulfur stagnant ?
To wrap things up, we ’ ll review some Facebook stats that break down some of the platform ’ second key features .
18. Facebook video (in-feed) is the most popular type of video content on the platform (51% of users), slightly less than Live and Watch combined (57%).
live and Watch are growing, but they don ’ metric ton reach the engagement that traditional Facebook video receives .
19. Facebook Messenger is on track to surpass 3.2 billion mobile users by the end of 2022
When we talk about Facebook, Messenger is frequently forget, but it ’ randomness integral to the platform and represents the app ’ s most-used feature according to this report from Statista .
20. Over 1 billion people use Stories across Facebook’s family of apps (including Instagram)
last, Facebook Stories followed Instagram and became one of the platform ’ s most popular features, according to the social media giant .
What do these Facebook statistics mean to you?
now more than ever, it ’ sulfur time to put your Facebook bearing under the microscope .
No topic what you ’ re doing on Facebook, there ’ s no denying it ’ s a priority chopine with a big base and tons of electric potential. Engagement through ads, organic posts, and everything in-between is extremely valuable .
We hope these Facebook stats can help guide your scheme in the right direction. With these takeaways and a better understand of your precedence Facebook metrics, you ’ ll be closer to scoring the scope your post deserves .