How much money will I receive?
unemployment benefits vary from person to person and are based on your previous wages and the number of weeks you are allowed to receive benefits. While the UIA will contact you by mail to explain how much you will receive and for how long, you can estimate your weekly unemployment benefits by using this formula :
- Wages paid in the highest quarter of your base period multiplied by 4.1%
- Round down to the nearest dollar
- Add $6 for each dependent, up to five people
Your Michigan unemployment come can not be higher than $ 362. The minimum amount you will receive is $ 81 per week .
How and when will I receive my unemployment benefits?
unemployment benefits are paid out hebdomadally. You ’ ll receive either a debit wag where funds are deposited, or you can opt to have your benefits direct deposited into your bank report .
What do I need to do to receive my weekly benefits?
One of the most important Michigan unemployment requirements for maintaining your unemployment benefits is regularly showing that you ’ ra looking for newfangled work. Michigan makes this easy through MARVIN—Michigan ’ sulfur Automated Response Voice Interactive Network .
To collect benefits, you ’ ll be required to call MARVIN every other week to verify that you ’ ve been searching for new employment. You can check in with MARVIN by calling 1-866-638-3993. Hours are Monday through Saturday between 8:00 ante meridiem and 7:00 p.m. ET. Failing to call MARVIN could temporarily stop your benefits .
How long will I qualify for MI unemployment benefits?
Michigan allows residents to collect unemployment benefits for a maximum of 20 weeks per benefit year, regardless of wheter you find a caper, stop benefits, and need to reapply late on in the year. This means there must be at least 52 weeks between Michigan unemployment claim filings to receive broad benefits. For example :
- If you lose your job in March 2020 and receive unemployment benefits, you qualify for 20 weeks of payments. If you receive 15 weeks of benefits and find a new job, you’ll have five remaining weeks of benefits to access. If you are laid off again in January of 2021, you can utilize these five weeks, and are not entitled to any further payments because a full calendar year has not passed since you first filed.
- On the other hand, if 52 weeks has passed, you may be eligible to receive the full benefits period of 20 weeks. If you became unemployed in June 2019 and collected all 20 weeks of benefits, you are no longer eligible to receive any further payments for the year. Say you find a new job after that time and are employed. If you face another layoff after June 2020, you’ll be able to file a new claim and will qualify for the full 20 weeks because one whole calendar year has passed since your first claim.
In most cases, it is not potential to receive a Michigan unemployment propagation. previously, the state has entirely allowed extensions in times where economic downturn has created high Michigan unemployment rates .
normally, you ’ ll receive benefits until you have landed a new subcontract, even if that means you didn ’ metric ton receive the allotted 20 weeks of payments. In some cases, you can accept part-time work and still receive unemployment benefits, though you should know that your hebdomadally profit will be reduced based on the measure of money you are earning .
In summation, it ’ south authoritative to remember that you must regularly check in with the UIA to show proof of job search. Failing to do so could lead to you losing your benefits.
Read more: Post-Crumpocalyptic
What if my unemployment benefits claim is denied?
If you find that your profit lotion was denied, or there was some publish with your title, the UIA will contact you about the issue and with information on how to proceed. Michigan unemployment laws will allow you to file an entreaty. If you need more information on doing thus, you can visit the Michigan unemployment web site for far details .