such conduct is illegal, so if a solicitation representation subjects you to such treatment, you can call a consumer lawyer and battle back .
Your Rights Under the FDCPA
To stop abusive debt collection practices, Congress passed the Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, or FDCPA, in 1977. Actions like those below are illegal and can lead to dangerous consequences like heavy fines and license revocation :
- Chasing you for a debt barred by statute
- Swearing at you
- Ignoring a cease communications request
- Calling you at work after being told to stop
- Saying they have court papers to serve on you when they don’t
- Pretending to be police officers or attorneys
Company Profile: Sequium Asset Solutions, LLCM
If you are being called by Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC, a company background is below.
Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC is a debt collection agency located in Marietta, Georgia .
It was founded in 2016, has 56 employees on staff, and is managed by its President, Greg Schubert. The company ’ second current evaluation with the Better Business Bureau is B- .
A close review of the legal character files at the PACER web site confirms that consumers who believed they were being harassed by Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC investigated their options and decided to sue .
Alleged Violations against Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC
According to PACER, in or about June 2018, Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC contacted a Nevada consumer to collect a debt related to an previous DirectTV account. She replied that she did not owe any money as the report was paid and disputed the validity of the debt.
Although the consumer requested no more touch, the agency allegedly called her up to 4-5 times per day to threaten legal action. It besides allegedly reported the debt on her credit rating profiles without the needed consumer dispute notation .
Feeling harassed by Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC, the consumer filed an FDCPA lawsuit against the means for these alleged violations :
- Using harassing and abusive means to collect a debt
- Calling her multiple times per day
- Threatening legal action it did not intend to take
- Failing to send her a debt validation letter
- Failing to report her dispute to the credit bureaus
The matter was belated dismissed .
Hire a Consumer Lawyer
The earphone numbers for this collection means are :
If you see them on your caller ID when the telephone rings, it means that Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC is on the argumentation. If the agency demands that you pay a debt that you actually don ’ thymine owe, take action by hiring a consumer lawyer and filing a claim against Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC.
Read more: What’s A Die Clash Error Coin?
You may be awarded statutory damages and have your legal costs covered, so act on the rights that the law grants you .
Case taken from PACER ( pacer.gov ). File number is Case 2:18-cv-01826-JAD-GWF from the United States District Court for the District of Nevada .
* Disclaimer : The message of this article serves alone to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation .